Tuesday 31 December 2013

Farewell 2013


It's time to say farewell to another year. Writing this post kind of feels like writing the last paragraph of a chapter.  And what an interesting chapter it has been.  It started with snow and me questioning if I had made the right decision.  Could I really retrain, take a second degree, be something completely different to before? After alot of contemplation I realised I could do this, still be me and do something different.  So I worked hard and passed my first year.  I also started this blog to keep writing, to have a space where I could be me, dip into my old world.  Once a writer, always a writer!

After a fabulously warm summer spent at the beach and in the garden, treasuring family time I packed my pencil case and headed back for year two.  Now there was no turning back, I loved what I had chosen to do.  Everything was more in depth, less scary and I knew deep down this is what I wanted to do.  Andy and the children had now got used to me studying and commuting and not always being there, which also made the past four months alot easier.  Just as time is a healer it is also a huge factor in change.  The more time we have to get used to this big life change the easier it gets.

So now here we are, getting ready to drink champagne and say goodbye to 2013.  What will 2014 hold? Nobody knows but I am excited to see.

I want to wish you all a fabulous time tonight, whatever you are doing.  Close your chapter firmly and get ready to start a new page tomorrow.

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
x

No comments:

Post a Comment