Monday 29 June 2015

Time to Celebrate

Last Friday was results day, a day I had been waiting for and dreading too. What if I had failed my final assignment? But I needn't have worried, I passed, with flying colours.  When I started my degree almost three years ago I hoped to gain a 2:1, never in a million years did I think a first class result was within my grasp.  Yes I worked hard, bloody hard a lot of the time, but to achieve top marks wasn't my goal.  But when I was awarded a 1+ for my dissertation, mixed in with a few other firsts from different assignments, Andy joked that I may just get a first for my whole degree.  I laughed it off, but started to wonder if I could do it?

WelÅ‚ I did it! I was awarded a first class honours Batchelor of Science degree in Radiotherapy and Oncology.  I am officially a qualified radiographer and am on the HCPC register, having started my new job today.  After months of hard work, occasional tears, stressful moments, I can honestly say every moment was worth it.  To top it all off I was awarded the Monroe Prize for my dissertation and have been nominated by my lecturers for the SoR Student Radiographer of the Year.  Now that really is the icing on the cake!

So I am now contemplating which letters after my name come first! B.A or B.Sc?! Also this weekend Andy and I set a challenge.....first to get a Masters. Watch this space, or pop back in a 3-4 years to see who wins!

Until next time, take care.
Zoe
xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment